CAT | Technical
To coincide with the launch of Morgan McKinley’s 2013 UAE Salary Guide, Managing Director, Trefor Murphy, was interviewed live on Dubai Eye radio on Monday 13th May, discussing remuneration across the region.
Trefor highlights in the interview the difference between salary change forecasts over the remainder of 2013 compared to 2012 across the region. In addition he also identifies sectors where there is likely to be an above average increase in remuneration and offers further insight into the hiring market.
- Job opportunities are up across the board on 2010 and 2009 numbers, but still 40% down on 2011 for the same time of year.
- Abu Dhabi in particular has witnessed a rise in vacancies.
- Market competitiveness has received a significant lift from the freedom of movement driven by the labour reforms at the beginning of 2011.
- Accounting & finance professionals with analytical and management experience have been high on company hiring agendas in the UAE.
- With a plethora of talent in the market for banking & financial roles, hiring managers are seeking professionals with proven ability to gain new business, and these professionals will be quick to secure the best roles and the highest salaries. Salary increases have been steady and bonus compensation has improved in 2011.
- Bilingual job seekers across all sectors who possess excellent relationship building skills are sought after, with employers giving preference to professionals who can communicate in both English and Arabic.
- In the technical sector (engineering, supply chain & logistics, construction & energy) 48 percent of UAE employees got an increase of more than 8 percent in their last pay review.
The key to success is the ability to adapt and through thirteen years of operations, iQ selection has evolved in order to remain the recruitment consultancy of choice in the GCC. Now we are undergoing the biggest change to date – we are rebranding to Morgan McKinley!
But this is not an act of vanity. We have however recognised a growing trend, even during the recession, in which the global workforce is casting its net wider and looking for opportunities in multiple geographies. At the same time, our clients are competing globally (as well as locally) and demanding that the talent pool includes markets outside the GCC.
So we are delighted to announce, as reported in The National, that iQ selection is integrating its operations with global professional recruitment firm, Morgan McKinley and is rebranding its name and identity as a result. It’s no secret that we are already part of the same recruitment group but clients and candidates will now recognise a single and unified brand that operates from 24 offices in 9 countries and offers them a streamlined service as a consequence.
So with a new name above the door, but the same people and excellent service behind it – Morgan McKinley will now be able to better promote the GCC region as a career destination of choice for international talent.
One of the ways we’ll do that is through our new blog – in which we will discuss the latest trends, issues and insights into the recruitment market in the GCC. Our contributors are all relatively new to blogging – just another way in which we continue to embrace and implement change!
By Christo Daniels, Managing Director of Morgan McKinley UAE